Toddlers are loads of fun and with that fun comes additional challenges. If you aren’t careful they will wear you out day after day. As they are exploring their world around them and getting into all sorts of things there are some positive parenting tips for toddlers to help them develop.
Positive Parenting for Toddlers
- Read to your toddler daily.
- Have them practice naming body parts and things around the home.
- Play matching games with your toddler.
- Encourage them to explore and try new things.
- By talking with them they will develop their language skills.
- Get outdoors by going for walks and to the park.
- Encourage your child to pretend play or dress up.
- Play other games such as follow the leader.
- Teach them simple songs like Mary had a Little Lamb.
- Have them repeat their name and age.
Safety Tips for Toddlers
- Block off stairs so they can’t climb them and fall down and lock the doors of places that pose danger.
- Place plug covers on unused electrical outlets.
- Keep sharp objects out of reach.
- Never leave your child alone in the car for any amount of time.
- Keep medicines, household cleaners, and other poisons locked up or out of reach.
- Check toys for loose parts that could pose a choking hazard.
- Always supervise your child when near water.
- Don’t drink hot liquids with your child on your lap.
- Toddler proof your home by placing object out of reach that you don’t want them to touch.